Contributed by John Haynes
Taglines are a big deal. We spend a lot of time developing them here at the agency. I was lucky enough to help develop advertising for three of the companies listed below. See if you can name the product or company that matches up with these 18 famous taglines.
1. I can’t believe I ate the whole thing
2. Good to the last drop
3. When it absolutely, positively has to be there overnight
4. The happiest place on earth
5. The king of beers
6. Ring around the collar
7. We’re looking for a few good men
8. They’re g-r-r-r-eat!
9. Can you hear me now?
10. We bring good things to life
11. Don’t leave home without it
12. Are you in good hands?
13. Think different
14. Eat fresh
15. We try harder
16. Betcha can’t eat just one
17. It’s the real thing
18. Look, Ma, no cavities!
1. Alka-Seltzer; 2. Maxwell House; 3. FedEx; 4. Disneyland; 5. Budweiser; 6. Wisk Laundry Detergent; 7. US Marines; 8. Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes; 9. Verizon Wireless; 10. General Electric; 11. American Express; 12. Allstate; 13. Apple; 14. Subway; 15. Avis; 16. Lay’s Potato Chips; 17. Coca-Cola; 18. Crest
OK, so you most likely knew most of them. You are hooked on taglines like everyone else here at the agency. Why? Because we all love the way these clever little phrases communicate critical business operations and capture the very essence of a brand. Let us know you fared on these 18 taglines in the comments section.
Read more about taglines and best practices for developing that unforgettable line in John Haynes’ blog post, Developing the Perfect Tagline.