Penna Powers is a full-service communication agency. We create smart, powerful ideas that engage people in brand experiences that rise above traditional advertising. We’re looking for a UX developer to join our team. You’re a great fit for our team if you enjoy developing personas, wireframes, sitemaps, user interface designs and solving complex problems for our clients. You also know how to make designed websites into a coded reality on the web. If you enjoy new challenges and are ready to share your talents in a highly creative and collaborative environment, we want to talk to you!
- Help deliver outstanding digital experiences for our clients and their customers
- Be the face of the interactive team, meeting with clients at the start of projects to clarify business and user goals. You will create the website strategy and information architecture, share it across a multi-disciplinary team of account managers and creatives, and make sure the project stays on-time and on-budget till it is live.
- Create key UX documents such as user personas, sitemaps and wireframes. You will perform web audits of client websites, and you will also conduct user research based on client budgets. Research methodologies will vary, from card sorting studies, to interviews or secondary research on Google.
- Help prioritize features and content based on user insights
- Collaborate with visual design teams to brainstorm and validate high-fidelity designs
- Write and maintain clear, commented code for both standalone HTML and WordPress websites.
- Educate employees and be an evangelist for UX methodologies and the newest internet technologies.
- Plan and execute tactical offensive/defensive strategies in Nerf gun wars. (You may want to bring eye protection).
- Bachelors in Design, Human Computer Interaction, or similar degree AND 3+ years of experience in UX design and development of web experiences.
- Portfolio is required. We want to see online portfolios of great work showing off your ability to solve UX problems and develop great web experiences. Be prepared to discuss your involvement, challenges and resulting decisions.
- Communicate professionally and transparently in team settings – You’ll interface directly with clients, sometimes involving executive leadership, so successful candidates are well-spoken and well-written—able explain the benefits and methodology behind user research and good UI/UX design as well as explain technical issues into plain English for non-technical audiences. Excellent presentation skills a plus.
- Ability to plan and conduct different types of user research and testing (investigative user studies, one-to-one interviews, focus groups, surveys, market research, observational, remote testing). You will then need to convert this research data into hypotheses and visualizations (user personas, wireframes, user flows, etc.).
- Strong understanding of responsive web design and development.
- Ability to work on multiple projects in parallel, assisting teammates with turning around changes from client feedback on a tight timeline.
- Independently analyzing problems and developing creative solutions.
- Familiarity with Google analytics and A/B testing. SEO experience is a plus but not required.
All positions are full-time, with competitive compensation, medical benefits (health/dental/life/LTD insurance), paid vacation, 401k w/ employer match and profit sharing.
We like our employees to have fun and be creative. We hold company events throughout the year including monthly birthday celebrations, a family Lagoon day, a Halloween party, a Thanksgiving bowl-fet, and a Christmas party. Casual dress code and a non-corporate atmosphere make Penna Powers a fun place to work and learn in a team environment.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter with a subject line of “UX Developer” to firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply for this position