Penna Powers is seeking a savvy idea developer who has a knack for news angles to join our team. Ideal candidate has strategic planning capabilities, strong media relationships, track record of placements, excellent writing skills and experience planning/executing media events.
- Provide all media relations strategy, implementation and other activities for your assigned accounts.
- Provide input on media relations planning and executions, with a particular emphasis on local media relations – media events, talking points, news advisories and releases, etc.
- Work with account managers/team leads across all departments and within the PR department to structure media relations strategies for agency clients.
- Participate and contribute ideas, best practices, strategies and recommendations in planning and project meetings.
- Foster and build stronger relationships and familiarity with local, trade and national broadcast and print media for Penna Powers accounts.
- Oversee assigned media relations managers and provide guidance, input and feedback.
- Manage time allocation to keep within budget allocations on assigned accounts.
- Minimum of 5 years media relations experience. Agency experience, a plus.
- Demonstrated success in securing media relations coverage in the local Salt Lake market as well as B2B and B2C coverage in trades and business press.
- Demonstrated success in strategic communications planning.
- Self-starter that works well in a team environment.
- Presentation skills a plus.
- Competitive salary
- 401k w/employer match
- Health/dental/life/LTD insurance
- Collaborative and fun working environment
- Profit sharing
- Company events throughout the year
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter with a subject line of “Senior Media Relations Strategist” to firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply for this position