The Media Relations Strategist at Penna Powers is great at making connections, always learning and can think strategically beyond tactics and press releases. We’re looking for someone who understands a client’s brand purpose and guiding principles and can energetically communicate them through a variety of tools and channels. Below are a few responsibilities, requirements and benefits associated with this position:
- Provide all media relations strategy, implementation and other activities for your assigned accounts.
- Provide input on media relations planning and executions, with a particular emphasis on local media relations – media events, talking points, news advisories and releases, etc.
- Work with account managers/team leads across all departments and within the PR department to structure media relations strategies for agency clients.
- Participate and contribute ideas, best practices, strategies and recommendations in planning and project meetings.
- Foster and build stronger relationships and familiarity with local influencers, trade and local/national broadcast and print media for Penna Powers accounts.
- Oversee assigned media relations managers and provide guidance, input and feedback.
- Manage time allocation to keep within budget allocations on assigned accounts.
- Minimum of 3 years media relations experience. Agency experience, a plus.
- Demonstrated success in securing media relations coverage in the local Salt Lake market as well as B2B and B2C coverage in trades and business press.
- Demonstrated success in strategic communications planning.
- Self-starter that works well in a team environment.
- Presentation skills a plus.
This is a full-time position with competitive compensation, medical benefits (health/dental/life/LTD insurance), paid vacation, 401k w/ employer match and profit sharing.
We like our employees to have fun and be creative. We hold company events throughout the year including monthly birthday celebrations, a family Lagoon day, a Halloween party, a Thanksgiving bowl-fet, and a Christmas party. Casual dress code and a non-corporate atmosphere make Penna Powers a fun place to work and learn in a team environment.
Please note: Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. However, we will keep your resume and information on file for consideration for upcoming positions.Apply for this position