Penna Powers is seeking a copywriter with superior conceptual and writing skills and an in depth knowledge of creative strategy. The depth of the position demands qualifications developed over a minimum of 5 years of copywriting experience. 1 to 5 years of advertising agency experience is preferred.
- Collaborates with creative team to develop strategically sound concepts.
- Handles copywriting assignments as directed under the immediate supervision of Creative Director.
- Works with multi-disciplinary team to implement concepts across various mediums.
- Reviews and gives guidance on copy developed by internal teams to ensure consistency.
- Writes with clarity, precision and above all, according to the creative standards set by Penna Powers.
- Proofread everything with 100% accuracy.
- Serves on the creative department management team. Helps set creative department guidelines and to incorporate those new ideas into the creative department.
- Stays proficient in computer skills, and with all programs related to position.
- Works with Art Director(s) to develop ad campaigns and concepts of outstanding quality for print, broadcast, direct mail, web, digital ads and other forms of promotion for agency and clients.
- Works on ways to improve on professional presentation skills.
- Researches clients’ products, services and image to ensure the ability to write accurate, on-target copy and concepts for assigned projects.
- Ensures copy and concepts serve the purpose of selling the client’s products, services and image first and foremost, according to the Penna Powers’ strategic creative plan.
- Assists in writing proposals, marketing plans, etc. as requested.
- Ability to balance a mix of creative and technical writing.
- Keeps up on all creative trends related to job responsibilities.
- Makes sure all agency and client information stays confidential.
- Is truthful in everything with coworkers and clients.
- Is a team player at all times.
- Makes sure all creative projects that are assigned come in on time and on budget.
A bachelor’s degree and highly skilled at verbal and written communication. Ability to be proactive and work independently. Strong interpersonal communication skills are essential. Must be able to meet deadlines, and multitask.
This is a full-time position with competitive compensation, medical benefits (health/dental/life/LTD insurance), paid vacation, 401k w/ employer match and profit sharing.
We like our employees to have fun and be creative. We hold company events throughout the year including monthly birthday celebrations, a family Lagoon day, a Halloween party, a Thanksgiving bowl-fet, and a Christmas party. Casual dress code and a non-corporate atmosphere make Penna Powers a fun place to work and learn in a team environment.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Copywriter” in the subject line. Also please provide a link to your portfolio.
Please note: Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. However, we will keep your resume and information on file for consideration for upcoming positions.Apply for this position