Penna Powers is an integrated communications agency doing work that matters for a broad list of clients in the Intermountain West. We are seeking an Associate Project Manager to oversee projects for major clients for our agency. If you like to manage details, build relationships, laugh at work and make a difference in the world, we want to hear from you.
In short, the successful Associate Project Manager’s responsibilities could be summarized as ensuring that:
- We provide our best work, on time and on budget, managing agency processes
- The internal account team is communicating and has the resources needed to complete their best work
Start off new clients/projects by helping put the best foot forward for the agency
- For each new client/project assigned, work with the Account Manager on:
- Client meeting schedule and expectations for regular communication
- Estimate and billing procedures
- Establish server folders, Basecamp groups and/or other internal organizational procedures
Work with the Account Planner and Account Manager on the account plan
- Provide strategic insight regarding tactical elements and execution
- Provide input on timeline and job-level budgets in the planning process
Work with the account team to oversee workflow and campaign implementation processes, ensuring that internal agency resources are effectively utilized
- Execute workflow in coordination with the account team to fulfill creative aspects of the campaign
- Gather and organize content and assets developed internally
- Track assignments/progress of Subject Matter Experts and support SMEs in obtaining resources needed to complete work
- Seek advice/input of the VP of PM and account team on strategy development, campaign execution, problem solving, etc.
- Manage budgets and timelines (described further below)
Organize internal account meetings
- Schedule meetings
- Prepare and distribute agendas, job memos, etc.
- Work with Account Manager and Traffic Manager to document and track action items
Manage internal relationships/integration during campaigns, including efforts of internal Content Teams
- Track account team correspondence and document critical information
- Day-to-day coordination: Maintain regular contact with the Account Manager, Production Manager, Traffic Manager, Underground and Subject Matter Experts
- Coordinate closely with the assigned Content Team, where applicable, to ensure alignment with other campaign/project elements and efficient use of resources
- Manage internal review and approval processes
- Check in regularly regarding on-hold/delayed work
- Anticipate and solve issues early
- Brief account team on major issues
Manage client budgets in coordination with the Account Manager
- Work with Account Manager to establish campaign/job budgets
- Work with Production Manager and Subject Matter Experts to develop accurate job estimates
- Track QVA on each job in progress
- Coordinate with Account Manager to answer client billing/invoice/estimate questions
- Anticipate and solve budget issues as early in the process as possible
- Work with Account Manager, Traffic Manager and other account team members to develop campaign timelines, maintain timelines and meet deadlines on specific jobs/projects
- Track job/campaign deadlines on a daily basis to ensure timelines are met
- Anticipate and solve schedule issues as early in the process as possible
Proactively develop solutions for client challenges, issues and opportunities
- Un-asked for recommendations
Protect the value of the agency, communicate and celebrate successes with clients
- Participate in campaign debrief with account team
- Coordinate with Account Manager to assemble final campaign report
Support agency new business efforts as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Advertising, Marketing or another related field.
- Familiarity with the advertising, marketing and communication space, including strategic planning and execution.
- 1-2 years of professional experience preferred but not required.
- Extreme attention to detail and passion for organization and adherence to process.
- Desire to work in a team with an ability to diplomatically keep people accountable for various aspects of a process.
- Knowledge of production timelines and processes a plus.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with project management software a plus.
Position is full-time, and compensation package includes medical benefits (health/dental/life/LTD insurance), paid vacation, 401k with employer match and profit sharing.
We like our employees to have fun and be creative. We hold company events throughout the year including monthly birthday celebrations, a family Lagoon day, a Halloween party, a Thanksgiving bowl-fet, and a Christmas party. Casual dress code and a non-corporate atmosphere make Penna Powers a fun place to work and learn in a team environment.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter with a subject line of Project Manager Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. However, we will keep your resume and information on file for consideration for upcoming positions.