Penna Powers is seeking mature, deadline-driven, highly-organized and detail-oriented and will report to the Agency’s Executive Management team. This is a full-time position. The Administrative Assistant must be able to work with multiple managers and effectively prioritize and handle requests including scheduling, drafting and preparing correspondence, answering phones and other general clerical responsibilities.
Specific tasks and responsibilities
- Schedule and coordinate meetings and appointments
- Prepare meeting agendas, organize and compile information and materials
- Record, compile and distribute meeting notes
- Drafting and preparing correspondence, memos and reports
- Internet research
- Maintain calendar(s)
- Proofreading proposals and other documents
- General clerical duties including maintaining soft and hardcopy files, photocopying, mailing
- Occasionally ordering meals and coordinating refreshments for meetings
Skills & Experience Required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (including spelling and grammar)
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and requests
- Understanding of meeting management: agendas, protocol, collateral material, etc.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, creating reports and other office procedures
- Organization and follow-up skills – a demonstrated ability to make and meet commitments
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to coordinate tasks and deadlines with other departments
- Extreme attention to detail
- Working knowledge of Internet technologies
- Demonstrated intermediate to advanced knowledge of Windows, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint (or Keynote) and Gmail
- Courteous and responsive in customer service
- Professional appearance and attitude
Additional Preferred Skills
- Proficiency in a Mac environment
- Experience with iCal/Google Calendar
Penna Powers offers competitive salary, health, dental, life, LTD and 401(k) employer match.
Please submit a resume and cover letter using the link provided.
Please note: Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. However, we will keep your resume and information on file for consideration for upcoming positions.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter with a subject line of “Administrative Assistant” to email@example.com.
Apply for this position