Senior Media Relations Strategist
– Provide all media relations strategy, implementation and other activities for your assigned accounts.
– Provide input on media relations planning and executions, with a particular emphasis on local media relations – media events, talking points, news advisories and releases, etc.
– Work with account managers/team leads across all departments and within the PR department to structure media relations strategies for agency clients.
– Participate and contribute ideas, best practices, strategies and recommendations in planning and project meetings.
– Foster and build stronger relationships and familiarity with local, trade and national broadcast and print media for Penna Powers accounts.
– Oversee assigned media relations managers and provide guidance, input and feedback.
– Manage time allocation to keep within budget allocations on assigned accounts.
– Minimum of 5 years media relations experience. Agency experience, a plus.
– Demonstrated success in securing media relations coverage in the local Salt Lake market as well as B2B and B2C coverage in trades and business press.
– Demonstrated success in strategic communications planning.
– Self-starter that works well in a team environment.
– Presentation skills a plus.
– Competitive salary
– 401k w/employer match
– Health/dental/life/LTD insurance
– Collaborative and fun working environment
– Profit sharing
– Company events throughout the year
Send to email@example.com: cover letter and resume. Include PR Position in the subject line.Apply for this position
Social Media Content Coordinator
Penna Powers, a full service communication agency, is seeking a Social Media Content Coordinator who would be assisting and reporting to the Senior Content Strategist, who oversees all client social media platforms and content marketing efforts. The ideal candidate will have a passion for social media, an eye for identifying trends through data and taking care of client’s brands within the social communities. The position requires the ability to communicate well with large and small groups, multi-task, see assignments through from start to finish, pay attention to details and be proactive.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Daily moderation/posting/scheduling of content on all social networks including: Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest, and Google+, Vine, etc.
- Assisting in the creation and coordination of social and content calendars.
- Listen to and engage with online communities in an advocacy role.
- Work with cross-functional teams such as: public relations and media to ensure strategy alignment and maximum content curation.
- Publish content across all listed networks and company blog.
- Stay up to date on social media trends and new platforms.
- Become proficient with social media management and analytics platforms.
- Help compile weekly, monthly and quarterly reports and metrics across all relevant platforms and Google Analytics.
The coordinator is needed as soon as possible to handle immediate needs. Position is based in Salt Lake City.
Requirements include: A bachelor’s degree and highly skilled at verbal and written communication. Ability to be proactive and work independently. Strong interpersonal communication skills are essential. Must be able to meet deadlines, and multi-task.
Penna Powers offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, LTD and life insurance and 401(k) with employer match.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Social Media Content Coordinator” in the subject line.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Project management and organization skills.
- Learns quickly and is able to change in fast paced environment.
- Ability to handle the pressure of meeting tight deadlines.
- Web publishing, blogging experience.
- Experience managing communications through website planning, management and production.
- Proficiency with social media related software systems including Hootsuite, Adobe Social, and Sprout Social, etc.
- 1-2 years of technical knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, metrics and tracking.
- Bachelor’s degree in PR, Communications, or Marketing is preferred.